The 4th of July is tomorrow! There are so many things people love about the 4th of July. It’s the perfect time to celebrate America’s birthday and honor the history with family gatherings, outdoor parties, and great food. And let’s not forget the fireworks! The 4th of July is famous for the most beautiful firework displays, which according to some are even better than the New Years.
Most of the people enjoy throwing the 4th of July parties in their homes. However, hosting a good party can be quite demanding and stressful. In order to have a successful and relaxing event, the host needs to make a plan since there will be a lot of things to keep in mind. Keeping a checklist is a great way to ensure the party goes as smooth as possible.
Here is our checklist with a few most important things to keep in mind to successfully throw the 4th of July party:
• Hang up a flag. Honor America’s birthday by properly displaying the flag. Make sure you follow the American flag code. Also, do not forget to check if your flag is showing any wear or tear. Flags should be disposed of appropriately if needed.
• Grocery. Plan your menu in advance and write down all the required ingredients. In addition to the side dishes, you should plan for approximately ½ pound of meat per person.
Tip: Shopping centers will be full of last-minute shoppers, hence to avoid the long lines and stress don’t leave the grocery shopping for the last minute.
• Food Safety. To ensure the food safety, cook at around 140 degrees for rare beef, 145 degrees for medium rare, 160 degrees for medium and 170 for well done. Burgers should always be done at 160. The safe internal temperature for chicken breast is 160 degrees and chicken thigh 165 degrees.
• Refill your propane tank! Plenty of good food is the key to the perfect party, hence make sure you have enough of propane to cook your 4th of July meal for family and friends. Check your OPD (overfill protection device) to visually see the amount of propane left in your tank or contact Nelson Propane. We will check the level of the propane in your tank and replace it if needed.
• Bug Protection. Keep the garbage away from the table, cover the food, and get plenty of mosquito and bug repellent to keep uninvited guests away from your guests.
Tip: Citronella candles will deter some of the bugs and enhance the outdoor ambience at the same time.
• Enjoy! Last but not least, don’t forget to sit back, relax, and enjoy the party. Happy Independence Day!
Nelson Propane offers easy, affordable, and efficient propane delivery service. Fill out the form below and one of our technicians will get in touch to arrange the service.
This blog is created and managed by DS&P.