How To Save Money On Energy This Summer
Most people will be heating hot-dogs and hamburgers this summer, but there is no reason why the rest of your energy bill should be burning up!
As a leader in the propane industry, Nelson Propane would like to offer you some tips on how you can save more than a few dollars this summer on your energy bill:
• Switch over to a gas stove and other appliances. These can represent a savings on average of 25% compared to it's electric counterparts. When cooking on a gas stove, it heats up and cools down much faster, also making your food preparation easier. And once you switch over, make sure you have those appliances serviced or checked at least once a year to maintain optimum performance.
• Summers are a great time to replace or clean your air conditioning filters. An AC unit running on dirty filters can increase your energy bill significantly and can also represent difficulties to your health. Make sure you've checked your filters before the summer bestows itself in all its glory.
• Set your thermostat to the most conservative temperature that is comfortable to everyone in the family. If your house temperature is going from very cold to hot on a constant basis, it will be very evident on your energy bill at the end of the month. Consistency is key.
• If possible, install a smart thermostat in your home. This can be a great tool to automate your home's temperature and keep it at different levels depending on your family's needs.
• Check your home insulation, and when needed, make sure you install the recommended amount. Crawl spaces and attics without proper insulation will be a huge factor in your energy bill.
• Proper use of draperies, awnings, blinds, shutters and curtains on all windows and doors will lessen the effect of heat from outside sources. Get creative and save money at the same time.
• Use kitchen and bathroom ventilation with moderation. When used excessively, these ventilation assistants can extract all the cool air in your home and will make it that much more difficult for your AC unit to keep the home at a comfortable temperature.
• If your home does not have a carbon monoxide detector, you should get one! Every location that has gas appliances should be armed with one for security purposes. This does not necessarily save you money, but it can certainly save your life in the case of an emergency.
Are you needing more tips on how to save money this summer? Would you like to setup a propane refill? Contact us by filling out the form below and Nelson Propane will contact you shortly. Happy Summering!
This blog was created and is managed by DS&P